Idaho Road and Travel Tips
- You can use studded tires on Idaho roads from October 1st – April 30th. Driving with studded tires at other times carries a $67 fine.
- From November 15th - April 30th in Idaho, parking at any of Idaho's 17 Park N' Ski areas requires a valid permit. Idaho Park N' Ski permits are also honored at Oregon's 100+ Sno-Parks.
- Turning on your low-beam headlights during the daytime in the winter months and during low natural light conditions can help make your vehicle more visible on the road.
- Keep your car headlights clean and bright by getting in the habit of wiping off your lights when refueling.
- For the most accurate readings, check your oil when your engine is cold and your antifreeze when your engine is hot.
- Keep tools, spare tire/in a can, flashlights, atlas, maps, blankets, extra food, water and clothing in your vehicle at all times.
- Make sure the tires on your vehicle are properly inflated by testing them regularly with a tire gauge.
- Bridges and overpasses are the most dangerous parts of the road in the winter because they are the first to freeze and the last to thaw.
Idaho Road and Travel Resources
- View a grid of live Idaho webcams
- Northwest US weather conditions snapshot
- Listing of Idaho visitor centers
- Map of Idaho rest areas
- Map of Idaho scenic byways